Sunday, November 22, 2015

Paperwhites in Bloom


The Narcissus bulbs, or Paperwhites, beside my chair are in full bloom.




The taller ones were brought home from the store so we could enjoy them sooner, but the smaller pot of bulbs are being forced.


The boys have enjoyed watching these bright green shoots poke their way out of each bulb.





As you can see, the gardens are being put to rest for the winter, so the bright bulbs are a welcomed sight as the days get colder.


We've also enjoyed putting bird seed out on our back deck. It's right near the french door to our kitchen, so it makes for easy bird watching.


There are always birds there.


And lots of chubby squirrels.

[ via Pinterest]

This is a project that I've been wanting to do. I can't decide if I want to put it by the window where my chair is, or by the kitchen window. There are always birds landing on the window sill, and I love to sit and watch them up close.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful paperwhites! I like how deep the windowsill is. The pots you have the flowers in are nice too. I love feeding the birds. We have two squirrel proof feeders and use black oil sunflower seeds. We get a variety of birds, from finches to woodpeckers. My favorites are the wrens and the chickadees. In the winter we jet juncos, which I love too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria