Sunday, December 14, 2014

Snowball Cookies


My sleigh, stacked with gifts all wrapped for Christmas morning, has found it's place under our Christmas tree.

We've been having the most dreary of winter days lately, with the sun making no appearance at all. It makes it quite a challenge to photograph, so unfortunately that will have to come later.


In the meantime, the boys and I have kept ourselves busy baking cookies and doing activities around the house.


This is a new cookie for me, and has quickly become one of my favourite recipes. I've actually made it three times this week, never daring to keep more than a few in the house.


They're my take on a Melting Moment Snowball Cookie. The basic recipe was found here, and then I added the following ingredients to it.

1/2 cup of good quality milk chocolate, chopped
1/2 chopped pecan pieces. chopped
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp espresso powder

The cookie plain was delicious, but with the combination of cinnamon and chocolate and nuts and coffee... divine.


While still warm, each cookie is rolled in powdered sugar to give it a bit more added sweetness.




These are perfect with a cup of coffee. The texture is crumbly, and true to their name, they really do melt in your mouth. They're also super easy to make.



As you can see, it's hard to keep them around for any length of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria