Thursday, June 26, 2014

A Thank You Gift for A Great Teacher


Tomorrow is Willen's last day of school. 

I can't believe that his first year of Kindergarten is nearly over!

Today the class is celebrating with a party, and each child usually brings something special as a little thank you for their teacher. I wanted to it to be something that was inexpensive, but still special.

This is what I came up with.

I had found these bags at Marshalls a few weeks ago for $1.99. I grabbed every single one they had. I then hand lettered his teacher's initials (SH) onto the bag using Martha Stewart's acrylic paint in Wedding Cake. I threw in a copy of Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility, a yearly summer read of mine, that I had picked up from Chapter's when their classic lit goes on sale 3 for $10.

So the total for a monogrammed book bag and classic novel?

Five dollars.

Some pretty ribbon and a thank you note finished it off. I should also mention that it also took about 10 minutes to do.



2 comments:

  1. What care you took, to make something personal and beautiful. I am sure the teacher was thrilled, I would be. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria